Our Mission Statement and Aims
Our Mission Statement
"Our mission is to provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment. To enhance the development and education of the children under statutory school age by encouraging parents to understand and provide for the needs of their children through a community group".
We aim to provide high quality care and education for all the children attending our playgroup. We work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop, to help you to become included in the life and well-being of our local community. We strive to offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
As a parent you are your child's most important educator. Therefore, staff will see themselves as partners with you in providing care and education for your child. There are many ways in which you can take part in making the setting a welcoming and stimulating place for your child such as:
- Letting us know about your child's needs, activities, interests and progress at home
- Sitting in during sessions at the setting and taking part in activities
- Helping to provide, make and look after the equipment and materials used in the children's play activities
- Joining the team of parents that make up the voluntary committee
- Taking part in fundraising events or even organising one
- Building friendships with other parents in the setting
You will soon find that taking part really does have its rewards and that both you and your child will enjoy your time with us even more ! We have developed policies and procedures covering every aspect of your child's care, ranging from health and safety and special educational needs to food and drink and parental involvement to make sure that the service provided is a high quality one. These are available on request.